Tuesday 9 May 2017

Planning the Music Magazine Front Cover, Contents Page and Feature Article


Planning the Front Cover

For my front cover I will use dark colours such as black and white for the text however I will use an orange/brown colour for important text on the page so that it stands out amongst the background and other text. The main image will be of a model playing a classical musical instrument such as the violin. This is to ensure that the audience knows the genre the magazine is. I plan to use three main cover stories on the front cover as most classical magazines such as Classical Music magazine use three main cover stories. My masthead will be large and in an orange/brown font so it can be read from faraway. The font will be easy to read and classy, conforming to the stereotype of other classical music magazines. My sweet spot will contain the cover story of the main feature article to try and draw the reader in as this will be the main selling point of the magazine. Overall I think my front cover will cater and attract the target audience because it uses a dull and premium colour scheme other classical magazines use.

Planning the Contents Page

My contents page will have a similar layout to my front cover. I will attempt to use the same colour scheme on my contents page as well as throughout my magazine to ensure the magazine flows well. I will add more images of the main model as well as other images of other stories to try and make the contents page more attractive and better to look at. I will include page numbers on these images to make it easier to find the story they want. I will also add a ‘Contact Us’ section to try and involve the reader more and gain more subscriptions for the magazine. I will also add social media links to cater to those who prefer an online magazine enjoy reading online rather than a physical copy. Overall I think my contents page will attract my target audience because it has an easy to read layout and uses colours that stand out against the background to make it easier to find pages.

Planning the Feature Article

My feature article will follow the same colour scheme as the rest of my magazine: black, white and orange/brown. This makes sure the magazine flows and I can make things stand out if needed. I will use more images of the main model on the feature article and I will also try and make the feature article layout more different than other classical music magazines. The feature article will contain an interview and also a biography of the main model. Overall I think the feature article will cater to my target audience because it is attractive, using a different layout than other classical music magazines and it is very easy to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment